Out of Hand Theater creates innovative new work. We choose the most interesting subjects, and then we partner with passionate experts to create compelling, intimate theatrical events, engaging communities around these subjects. We create interactive experiences that embrace new audiences, both inside theaters and in public spaces. Our approach not only makes for great theater, it also assists us in training artists and non-artists to use creativity and collaboration to communicate through the arts.
- Out of Hand makes innovative, compelling new work.
- We partner with passionate, world-class experts to make work that matters.
- We make new work with and for communities about what matters to them.
- We create interactive, intimate experiences that reach out to new audiences, both inside theaters and in public spaces.
- We train artists and non-artists to use creativity and collaboration to communicate through the arts.
- We tour our work to bring intimate, interactive theater experiences that matter to new audiences.
- Out Of Hand creates razor-sharp, delight-filled experiences by involving the audience in a new way every time, causing moments of mass intimacy, and embracing those who are unreached by conventional theater.
- We involve communities in our work through collaborations and interactive productions that blur the line between artist and audience.
Statement of Purpose
We believe we are only as good as our collaborators and our audience is our primary partner. We enlist the community in our creation process through free workshop performances, constant on-line dialogue, and collaborations with scientists, schools, and theater companies across the country.
We make theater accessible through bafflingly affordable ticket prices and free public performance in unexpected places.
We maintain a strong training regimen that challenges, inspires and expands the artists of Out of Hand, infusing Atlanta with a fully charged army of theater makers.
We share our collaborative approach to art and life with as many people as possible through performances, classes, residencies, parties, games, and collaborations with visual artists, thinkers, researchers, communities, activists,
Through collaboration, we seek a deeper understanding of the world.
Philosophy of Performance
- Relish the profound and the silly
- Create moments of mass intimacy
- Expand the boundaries of American storytelling
- Embrace relentless kindness
- Uncover meaning in the mundane
- Play at the speed of fun
Out of Hand is a 501c3 non-profit organization.
Learn more about the company, its members and how to get involved.
Click the link to see all the wonderful people on our Boards of Directors and Advisors. Contact us if you are ready to get involved.